For mental health and substance use treatment
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis please contact our locally-based crisis intervention/emergency services team. We provide around-the-clock, 24/7 mental health and substance use evaluations to people in crisis. Instead of going to the emergency room, services can be provided to you over the phone, in your home, at school, or in another community setting.
Our team is here to help individuals avoid hospitalization or a lengthy hospital visit whenever possible. When you call our emergency services number we will:
- Evaluate the situation and make a plan for you to be seen by one of our clinicians
- Work with you to develop a strategy that promotes long term stability.
- Connect you with a strong support network and create a comprehensive plan for stabilization and sustained recovery.
Our clinicians can meet you where you feel most comfortable, including in our offices, your home, your workplace, or other community settings.
Who Can Call for Emergency Services?
Anyone may call for assistance regarding a mental health crisis or urgent need for substance use intervention. This includes the individual experiencing the crisis, family members, mental health workers, first responders, physicians or other medical providers, schools, employers, community members, etc.
No insurance is required, all insurances are accepted.
Riverside Emergency Services Offers:
- Immediate information and support
- Locally-based support and we are able to meet in any safe location
- Psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, and treatment
- Reduced wait times (compared to an emergency room visit)
- Referral for ongoing treatment and additional services
- Referral for Community Crisis Stabilization (Respite) Program
Communities We Serve
Our locally-based emergency services are available to help individuals in a mental health crisis and/or with urgent substance use concern. Our services are an alternative to a hospital emergency room visit. Our Emergency Service teams provide crisis support in the following communities:
Milford and the Surrounding Communities: 800-294-4665
- Bellingham, Blackstone, Douglas, Franklin, Hopedale, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millville, Northbridge, Sutton, Upton, Uxbridge
South and West of Boston: 800-529-5077
- Canton, Dedham, Dover, Foxboro, Medfield, Millis, Needham, Newton, Norfolk, Norwood, Plainville, Sharon, Walpole, Wellesley, Weston, Westwood, Wrentham
Southbridge and Surrounding Communities: 877-750-3127
- Brimfield, Brookfield, Charlton, Dudley, East Brookfield, Holland, North Brookfield, Oxford, Southbridge, Sturbridge, Wales, Warren, Webster, West Brookfield
We are pleased to share comments from the people we serve:
"Our family therapist was very easy to talk with and helpful in teaching us to communicate with each other without arguing. They made an impact on all of us. Thank you for making a difference in our lives." - Anne-Marie