Children With Voices
Our Children With Voices program is for children who have witnessed domestic violence, and for their parents. Our goal is to improve the safety of these children and their families by providing support, stress management skills, parenting education, and access to compassionate therapeutic resources. We provide a wide range of services that are customized to each family’s needs.
- Has your child witnessed or been affected by domestic violence?
- Do you have questions about what services are available for you and your child?
- Are you a professional looking for consultation or trainings about domestic violence issues?
…If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, assistance is available. Please contact us at 617-354-3911 for more information or to make a referral.
Who We Serve
- Residents of Cambridge, Somerville, and the surrounding communities.
- Children from birth to age 18 who have been exposed to domestic violence, and their parents.
Who We Are
• We collaborate with area domestic violence agencies and other service providers.
• We work with families to assess their strengths, create stability, and build their sense of community.
• We are social workers, family therapists, and domestic violence advocates; we are family-centered and strive to be culturally responsive.
Information & Referrals
Referrals are accepted from individuals, families, caregivers, school systems, mental health providers, and other community agencies. Our services are free. Families can take part in any or all of the services listed below.
- Safety Planning and Risk Assessment
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Trauma-Informed Skill-Building Groups
- Advocacy Services
- Support, Education, and Parenting Groups
- Individual and Family Therapy
“The staff is incredible, supportive, helpful, and caring. This program saved my life.”
“The people who work there make me feel like I am family.”
-Children With Voices parents