Riverside Trauma Center offers support services including on-site response, grief counseling, and referrals to help people after critical incidents. Extreme stress following a trauma can be overwhelming and cause lasting psychological effects. Examples of incidents at which we have provided response and crisis management include:
- Schools where students have died by suicide, homicide, medical, or accidental causes
- Communities affected by tornadoes, floods, or other natural disasters
- Violence in a school, workplace, or community
- Highly stressful events in a workplace (e.g., assault, arrests, reduction in workforce, etc.)
Riverside Trauma Center also coordinates the statewide Riverside-Massachusetts Trauma Response Network, which trains and partners with other organizations to develop locally-based response teams throughout the Commonwealth.
For immediate, 24/7 assistance:
Trainings & Consultations
Our customized, virtual and in-person trauma consultation and training services are designed to support workplaces, organizations, schools, mental health professionals, and first responders across a wide range of topics, including:
- Trauma and Crisis Response
- Suicide Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention
- Workplace Coping Groups
- Post-Traumatic Stress Management (PTSM)
- Trauma and Loss Counseling
- Psychological First Aid (PFA)
If applicable, continuing education hours are available to psychologists, social workers, LMHCs, LMFTs, and nurses for many of our trainings.
Please note that our offerings reside in MindWise Innovation’s “Find A Training” library. MindWise is also a service of Riverside Community Care.
One way we assist schools, organizations, and communities in need is to offer resources such as videos, tip sheets, and best-practice recommendations on a variety of topics, such as:
- How to deal with highly stressful events
- Dealing with the aftermath of a tragedy
- COVID-19 support
- Depression and suicide
- Coping with death
- Social media and suicide
- Recommended Massachusetts services
Please note that all resources reside in MindWise Innovation’s resource library. MindWise is also a service of Riverside Community Care.