Recovery Coaching & Case Management
Connect2Recovery is Riverside’s supportive approach to helping individuals achieve not only recovery from substance addiction, but overall wellness in terms of a healthy quality of life as defined by the individual. Connect2Recovery is designed to:
- Eliminate barriers to recovery
- Support a person’s chosen pathway of recovery
We use a person-centered, strengths-based approach program that puts the person in recovery in the lead. You will work with a Recovery Support Navigator and/or Recovery Coach to develop a Recovery Wellness Plan – a written record of the goals you wish to achieve in one or more areas of life such as forming connections in the community, physical health, education, housing, and emotional health. If the person seeking services already has a care team in place, our team of experts will work in conjunction with them to formulate the best care plan possible.
Recovery Support Navigators are case managers who will help the person in recovery break down barriers in daily life that interfere with recovery. Using the Recovery Wellness Plan as the blueprint, Navigators know what services are available in the community and can connect the person to a network of supports for a healthy balanced life. They can help:
- Coordinate therapy and Medication Assisted Treatment
- Connect to peer recovery resources like AA, NA, SMART recovery, and recovery centers
- Assist with access to living/financial supports such as food stamps and transitional assistance
- Connect to health providers and specialists
- Support with drug court and probation
- Coordinate with DCF and family supports
Recovery Coaches are peers who have lived experience themselves, and have completed training to encourage, motivate, and support a person in recovery. Using a person-centered, strengths-based approach, a Recovery Coach is a culturally sensitive advocate and role model who helps members make positive life choices and connect to recovery-friendly social relationships. They can:
- Serve as a mentor and guide for recovery wellness and life goals
- Help explore pathways of recovery and support connection to the recovery community
- Provide motivation, coaching, emotional support, and peer accountability
- Support connection, reconnection, and conflict reduction with family and friends
- Assist with self-advocacy and access to counseling and medical services, legal supports, and living resources
Referrals to Connect2Recovery can be made by a primary care or behavioral health provider, a hospital or health center, community safety or emergency services department, or the individual seeking services.
Connect2Recovery services are available to members of a MassHealth Managed Care plan.
For more information call 781-234-1650 or email Connect2Recovery@riversidecc.org.