At Riverside we work with adults with a wide range of needs and goals in our adult services programs. No matter what the presenting challenge is we develop a thoughtful plan with the individual and in conjunction with others who may be helpful to their treatment and recovery. We take a person-centered, strengths-based approach to all levels of care, while providing a safe, caring, and accepting environment for each person we serve.
- Outpatient Therapy – The skilled and caring therapists at our Outpatient Centers are here to help individuals learn new strategies and techniques to help them cope with difficult life situations, define individual goals, and work toward recovery. Offering individual, family and group therapy, our clinicians have extensive experience in helping those with a mental illness, behavioral or emotional problems, or substance use concerns. Riverside offers outpatient therapy at six locations throughout Massachusetts.
- Emergency Services – We provide around-the-clock, 24/7 mental health and substance use evaluations to people in crisis. Instead of going to the emergency room, services can be provided to you over the phone, in your home, at school, or in another community setting.
- Clubhouses and Employment Services – Our clubhouses offer people with mental illness hope and opportunities to reach their goals through employment and recovery. Together, Riverside staff and Clubhouse members work to achieve the daily operational tasks at the Clubhouse, build job skills, find employment, and develop meaningful relationships. Our four Clubhouses offer a wide range of activities, opportunities, and supports in a restorative, stigma-free community.
- Community Living Services – These services are available to help individuals living with a mental illness develop skills and gain resources for successful living in their community. Support comes from a variety of professionals and peers and the level and intensity of care is determined by the individual’s needs. We collaborate with individuals using the service and their own support system to create treatment plans that promote resiliency and recovery.
- Psychiatric Day Treatment –The Day Treatment program individuals with serious psychiatric conditions remain out of the hospital, thrive in their daily lives, and integrate effectively into their community. Our programs offer evidence-based skills training, in CBT, DBT, WRAP, dual diagnosis, health promotion, and symptom management.
Developmental Disabilities & Brain Injury Services
- Shared Living – The Shared Living program matches adults with developmental disabilities with welcoming individuals or families in their community for long-term, in home placement.
- Family Support Programs – Riverside offers programs to adults and children with disabilities and their families. These programs provide support, training, and advocacy for families. Our Family Support Center in Woburn offers a wide array of services, supports, and events for families as well.
- Individual and Residential Supports – We offer support programs for individuals with developmental disabilities who are living on their own as well provide Riverside-staffed residential options as well. Our goal is to help each person to thrive while living independently or in a group setting.
- Behavioral Treatment Services – This mobile resource and treatment team offers consultation to individuals with developmental or cognitive disabilities, and brain injury – some who also may have a diagnosis of a mental illness. Our clinical staff provides assessment, therapy, and medication services as well as support to caregivers and providers.
- Brain Injury Residential Services – Riverside provides residential support to those with acquired brain injuries. Our caring and dedicated staff creates home-like environments that are safe and supportive for our residents while helping them integrate into the community through activities and employment.
We are pleased to share comments from the people we serve:
"This place saved my life."