Psychiatric Day Treatment is a group therapy program that helps individuals with psychiatric conditions remain out of the hospital, thrive in their daily lives, and integrate effectively into their community. We provide highly structured therapeutic groups in a compassionate and welcoming environment to all cultural backgrounds. Participants experience a sense of safety and belonging, which enables hope and a belief in their ability to achieve recovery and wellness.
During a minimum of three full days a week, clients will learn and work on mental health coping skills. The Day Treatment Program is currently following a hybrid model in which members participate in person, over the phone, or via an online platform.
The Day Treatment Program works with group members to identify discharge readiness, future goals, and meaningful activities which can include employment, volunteer opportunities, community involvement, etc. after treatment.
Some of the Day Treatment Program groups include the following:
- Goals Group
- Life Skills
- Recreational Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Wellness (with a consulting psychiatrist who facilitates the group)
- Assertiveness Training
- Understanding Your Diagnosis
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Relationship Building
- Coping Skills
Group members provide support, feedback, and suggestions for coping skills in therapeutic groups. Day treatment clinicians also facilitate daily community meetings to promote social participation and connection with other group members. In these community meetings, group members can ask questions, voice concerns, share upcoming appointments/absences, share highlights or what they’ve learned from other groups that day, and set a goal for the rest of the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your hours?
- The day treatment program runs from 9 am-3 pm, and we are currently adhering to safety protocols. See the group schedule for specific group hours during this time.
- How do I attend groups?
- We are currently following a hybrid model in which group members can choose to attend in person at the Day Treatment Program located in Wakefield or can join by phone and/or using an online telehealth platform.
- What insurances do you accept?
- We currently accept MassHealth Standard or MassHealth with the following: MBHP, Commonwealth Care Alliance (OneCare), Beacon, Tufts Health Together, BMC, CarePlus, Commonhealth, Fallon. We do not accept private insurance such as Blue Cross or Harvard. Eligibility will be reviewed prior to the intake process.
- Where is the Day Treatment Program?
- Riverside Day Treatment Center is located at 607 North Avenue Building 18, Wakefield, MA 01880. Building 18 is located closest to Lake Quannapowitt.
- Is there individual therapy?
- No, we do not provide individual therapy; groups are our treatment modality. You will be assigned a staff person as a contact person regarding scheduling and treatment planning, but clinical issues including symptoms and stressors are addressed through the group process.
- How long can I stay?
- Group members must attend groups a minimum of 18 hours each week. We will get authorization to start for 12 weeks, and it can be extended as needed. Length of stay/timeline is flexible and individualized based on each member’s needs.